Benefits of dental crowns & bridges service in Rochester MI
In addition to restoring a compromised tooth, a dental crown can also enhance its appearance. You can see immediate cosmetic improvements when tooth-colored crowns are used. Dr. John Aurelia provides advanced and effective dental crowns & bridges service in Rochester MI.
Cosmetic Benefits of Crowns
Some cosmetic benefits of crowns are:
- They can restore the natural symmetry and balance of a smile, particularly in instances involving teeth that are extremely damaged or very prominent.
- Dental crowns can help conceal imperfections and instantly straighten and whiten the appearance of teeth. Also, with adequate care and the stain-resistant properties of porcelain, it is possible to avoid any future discoloration.
- Usually, most tooth-colored crowns are extremely durable and reduce the chances of cracking or chipping in the future. However, durability is contingent upon the material used to make the crown.
New patients please call:
John L. Aurelia, D.D.S., patients please call:
(248) 243-6044 or
Make an appointment
Oral Health Benefits of Crowns
A crown reinforces a damaged tooth and safeguards it from further injury, boosting your overall dental wellbeing. Some ways in which dental crowns enhance oral health are:
- Reduces pain: When accompanied by preparatory treatment, use of a dental crown can help ease many symptoms of tooth damage.
- Facilitates better chewing: While it is recommended that tough and sticky foods be avoided with crowns, there is no doubt that they can help enhance chewing ability in patients.
- Better reinforcement: For teeth that are damaged, but still have quite a healthy structure that offers a foundation, dental crowns can be a better alternative to implants or removing the tooth in its entirety.
- A well-aligned bite: Temporomandibular disorder (TMD) is a condition that can lead to an imbalanced bite and is caused by misshapen or missing teeth. It can result in headaches, pain, discomfort, and lead to teeth wearing down much faster.
Missing teeth can compromise the smile and turn into the focal point of a person’s appearance. These gaps in a smile can be remedied with dental bridges and enhance your overall appearance. Bridges can also make a person seem many years younger as they replace the missing teeth.
The face of an individual with missing teeth might appear sunken. Another side effect often associated with tooth loss is jawbone degeneration. This is due to the absence of dental roots at the spot which give off essential regenerative signals every time the teeth touch.
It is possible to avoid soft tissues sagging with the help of implant-supported bridges. Implants used to replace the roots can assist in preventing jawbone degeneration.
Oral Health Benefits of Bridges
Health issues, cosmetic, and functional problems can all result due to missing teeth. Bridges that replace missing teeth enhance the patient’s overall oral health in many ways such as:
- Halt other teeth from moving
- Enhance the bite
- Prevent TMJ disorder
- Minimize risk of periodontal disease
- Help with speech problems
- Cut down risk of tooth decay
- Give supplemental support to the facial structure
- Patients can enjoy a varied diet of their choice
Bridges can also offer higher comfort and stability compared to traditional removable dentures