Shelby Township area dentist explains Invisalign orthodontics
Dr. John L. Aurelia is a general and cosmetic dentist focused on providing his patients in Shelby Township and the surrounding areas with a wide selection of services and treatments to achieve beautiful, healthy smiles. When patients ask him about the methods of realigning the teeth, many may be appropriate candidates for Invisalign.
Invisalign orthodontics is a method of straightening teeth within the dental arch and improving the bite without the need for conventional braces. Patients can visit our practice to find out if Invisalign is right for them.
Invisalign uses a series of comfortable aligner trays that fit over the dental arch and they reposition the teeth slowly and gently. They are made using 3D computer imaging technology, which ensures a precise fit. These trays are worn for approximately two weeks each during the day and night. Patients should only remove them when consuming food or drinks, or caring for their teeth. Little by little, the teeth will shift into a more desirable position in approximately one year, depending on the severity of the misalignment and compliance by patients. The number of trays in one’s treatment plan will vary from case to case, but is typically between 18 to 30 trays.
Many patients love Invisalign for a number of reasons. There are several benefits to this orthodontic service versus conventional braces provided by area orthodontists.
- Invisalign trays are comfortable and easy to care for.
- Patients can remove the trays and enjoy no food restrictions.
- Treatment time is similar to traditional orthodontics.
- Invisalign is safe, effective, and affordable.
- Patients experience no irritation or discomfort while wearing their trays.
- Invisalign offers teenagers and adults a discreet method of realignment.
- Patients can improve their self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Compliance ensures patients achieve the results they desire.
If you live in the Shelby Township area or any of the surrounding communities and you have considered the benefits of Invisalign over conventional braces, contact Dr. John L. Aurelia today to schedule your first consultation visit and determine if Invisalign is right for you!
Back to Invisalign Home Page