What Is Considered a Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies can happen to anyone. A chipped tooth, a lost restoration, or a severe pain in your mouth may be considered medical emergencies in dentistry. Rochester residents can have their dental emergencies attended to by Dr. John L. Aurelia, as soon as necessary. Taking care of the patient’s dental needs right away can benefit the patient with better healing and faster response to problems. Having an emergency dentist that is available and you can trust is also important.
Knowing a dental emergency from a non-emergency is essential in ensuring that you get the proper care. Not every dental problem requires emergency care. For patients that have a dull pain that has just started, or for patients that need a cleaning, emergency dentistry is not needed. However, many situations may require immediate care. These are situations in which patients are in extreme pain, or need something done in order to be able to eat or function at their best. If you are unsure if the problem needs immediate attention, call Dr. Aurelia’s office. Here are some examples of what is considered a medical emergency in dentistry:
- A restoration that has fallen out, such as a bridge or crown.
- A tooth that has been chipped or cracked.
- A troublesome canker sore that is causing excessive pain that makes it difficult to eat or drink.
- Problems that arise after dental work or periodontal care.
- Improper healing from recent dental procedures.
- A filling from a tooth has fallen out, leaving the nerves exposed, causing sensitivity.
- A tooth has been completely knocked out.
- Trauma has loosened a tooth.
- A severe toothache begins to occur that is unable to be addressed with pain medications.
These are just a few of the more common dental emergencies that are experienced by patients of Dr. Aurelia and his staff, and are typically the ones that will require immediate assistance. Everyone’s situation is different, so Dr. Aurelia ensures that everyone that walks into his practice gets individualized attention and personalized care. At this dental practice, you will be treated like family, not like a number.
When unforeseen problems occur, Dr. Aurelia will be here to help. His office is able to take calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist when needed. He will gladly take new and existing patients for dental emergencies. If you are in immediate need of dental assistance, call Dr. Aurelia’s office and get in for the care you need and deserve.