Your smile says a lot about you, whether you mean it to or not! Do you feel that your smile is letting you down? Maybe your teeth have lost a lot of their natural enamel, or you have a tooth needing a root canal. Here at John L. Aurelia, D.D.S., PLLC in Rochester, MI, we want every patient to love their smile. That’s why we offer natural-looking, high quality dental restorations. If you are looking for a practice that has good dental crowns, you’ve found it!
What is a dental crown?
If you are unsure whether a dental crown is something you require, it might be because you don’t really know what a dental crown is. It is a tooth-shaped cover that is placed over your natural tooth. It restores the size, strength, and appearance of the tooth. The crown covers the entirety of the natural tooth, from the gum line to the top surface. It can be made from different materials, but we prefer natural looking materials, such as porcelain. These allow the crown to blend seamlessly into your smile.
Why crowns are needed
There are a few different reasons that a dentist chooses to restore teeth using dental crowns. They include, but are not limited to:
- Support larger fillings. If a tooth requires a filling that is larger than the interior of the tooth will allow, a crown is often used to cover and protect the tooth from further harm.
- Broken teeth restoration. A crown will smooth out the broken tooth, preserving the integrity of your smile.
- Dental bridges. Crowns are used on either side of a dental bridge to form the support to hold the bridge in place.
- Dental implants. Crowns are used to restore teeth utilizing the secure anchor of the dental implant.
Benefits of good dental crowns in Rochester
- Saves the natural tooth from extraction. If a tooth is weakened or cracked enough, we may choose to place a crown on it. This saves the tooth from needing to be pulled, helping to keep your jawbone strong. It also is the more cost-effective option to other forms of tooth replacement methods if a tooth is pulled.
- Protects the tooth. A dental crown can cover a tooth which has weakened over time. It protects the tooth from further decay.
- Fixes stained and misshapen teeth. Crowns can improve the appearance of your teeth. Studies have shown that having a smile you are proud of leads to enhanced self-confidence.
At our Rochester practice we pride ourselves on offering a different sort of dentistry. We truly believe your comfort and overall health is our top priority. We are proud of the professional space we have created to assist you and your family with all your dental needs. We encourage you to call us today to find out the difference outstanding dental care can make in your everyday life. We can help you love your smile again, and we look forward to meeting you. Call us at [phone2].
Dr. John Aurelia | Dr. Dina Khoury
Connect with John L. Aurelia, DDS on . Linkedin
Experience dentistry with a difference at the office of John L. Aurelia, DDS
. With our friendly staff
and warm atmosphere, we ensure that your comfort and wellbeing take priority.
Dr. John L. Aurelia received his BA degrees in Biology, Business and Economics from the Kalamazoo College, MI and his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Detroit Mercy. He’s keen on continuous education and has followed courses in cosmetic dentistry
, and occlusion at places like the Dawson Academy for Advanced Continuing Dental Education
and Pankey Institute
. He’s a member of the Academy of General Dentistry
, and American and Michigan Dental Associations. He has participated in many humanitarian missions.
Having graduated from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Dr. Dina Khoury
served Veterans during her residency at the VA Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. She has been in private practice for two decades and is passionate about cosmetic dentistry