Want to know a trick to instantly rejuvenate your appearance? It’s such a simple thing that it will probably surprise you. A good teeth whitening treatment done by a dentist can not only enhance your smile but can shave years off your appearance! At John L. Aurelia, D.D.S., PLLC, we strive to help our patients love their smiles! That’s why we offer whitening options to help you find the solution that works best for you. We also educate you on the best ways to enhance effectiveness and the length the treatment lasts.
What teeth whitening is:
This is a cosmetic dental procedure with the result of dramatically whiter teeth. It works by removing discoloration from teeth. Teeth whitening treatments work by using peroxide solutions.
Different types of whitening treatment we offer our patients:
- Take home bleaching trays: These are superior to the trays you can buy at the local drugstore. That’s because we customize the trays to fit your teeth, ensuring an even and thorough application of the whitening solution. Also, the solution we provide you for take-home treatment is stronger than anything available over the counter. The trays work over the course of several days to weeks to dramatically brighten your smile.
- Whitening strips: We also offer our patients the option of professional grade at-home whitening strips.
- Zoom!: Our in-office treatment is Zoom! It works by using a strong whitening gel that is applied to your teeth and then the application of a specialized light to further activate the whitening solution.
Steps to take before a whitening treatment:
- If doing Zoom! we will recommend the use of a fluoride rinse twice daily for two weeks prior to treatment. This helps combat any tooth sensitivity that might occur.
- Prior to any whitening treatment, whether done in the office or at home, it’s important to brush and floss prior to it.
Steps to take post whitening treatments:
- Maintain an excellent oral hygiene routine: Twice daily brushing and once daily flossing help keep your teeth healthy and prolong the effects of the whitening treatment.
- After Zoom in-office treatment, avoid coffee, tea, red wine, and tobacco for two hours.
- Try to avoid coffee, tea, red wine, tobacco, grapes, berries, ketchup, and tomato-based products for 24 hours after using any whitening treatment.
Why John L. Aurelia, D.D.S., PLLC is the place for you:
- We have made it our mission to provide optimal care in all areas to each patient. This means we take the time to thoroughly go over a procedure, examine your teeth, and discuss your goals. This ensures we only recommend a course of treatment that will work for you. If we determine whitening isn’t right for you, we will guide you through other options and help you choose your treatment path.
- We provide dental care for your whole family! Stop the madness of multiple providers to whiten your teeth, clean your child’s teeth and do a filling for your spouse. We can provide care for everyone right here.
Get the camera ready! After your teeth-whitening treatment you will be selfie-ready. Call today to schedule your appointment to discuss how we can help you achieve your smile goals. (248) 243-6044.
Dr. John Aurelia | Dr. Dina Khoury
Connect with John L. Aurelia, DDS on Linkedin.
Experience dentistry with a difference at the office of John L. Aurelia, DDS
. With our friendly staff
and warm atmosphere, we ensure that your comfort and wellbeing take priority.
Dr. John L. Aurelia received his BA degrees in Biology, Business and Economics from the Kalamazoo College, MI and his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Detroit Mercy. He’s keen on continuous education and has followed courses in cosmetic dentistry
, and occlusion at places like the Dawson Academy for Advanced Continuing Dental Education
and Pankey Institute
. He’s a member of the Academy of General Dentistry
, and American and Michigan Dental Associations. He has participated in many humanitarian missions.
Having graduated from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Dr. Dina Khoury
served Veterans during her residency at the VA Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. She has been in private practice for two decades and is passionate about cosmetic dentistry