There are many cosmetic dental procedures available to enhance smiles. In fact, there are so many, that some patients may be overwhelmed by the choices and become uncertain about which route to take. Porcelain veneers are a popular and effective method for changing the appearance of your smile, subtly or dramatically. If you are unhappy with flaws and imperfections in your smile, there is hope. In as little as two visits, the appearance of your teeth can be completely transformed.
Veneers are thin strips of porcelain that are bonded to the fronts of teeth. Because porcelain has many of the same characteristics of tooth enamel, the final product is natural-looking. Some of the many problems that can be addressed with porcelain veneers are:
- Color – While teeth whitening is still the number one method for addressing dull or dingy teeth, there are some instances when teeth are resistant to whitening. Fluoride or tetracycline staining along with trauma discoloration can be covered with veneers. You choose the shade of white, allowing you to return to our natural color, or have a smile that is even whiter.
- Spacing – If you are dealing with larger than normal spaces between your teeth, porcelain veneers can alter the shapes of teeth to close gaps.
- Sizing – Many people struggle with teeth that are either shorter or taller than the rest of their dentition. This can be especially true for patients who grind their teeth. Veneers bring uniformity to the size of teeth.
- Damage – Cracks, chips, or fractures in tooth enamel can be covered by veneers.
- Shape – Teeth that are irregular in shape can be transformed with veneers, to match the rest of your natural teeth.
Regardless of whether you want to cover a few perceived imperfections or completely overhaul your smile, porcelain veneers are a versatile and long-lasting solution. Our team is highly skilled and trained at placing veneers to give you that show-stopping smile that you have been dreaming about. If you are in the Rochester, MI area and would like to learn more about the advantages of porcelain veneers, call us today to schedule a consultation. The number is (248) 243-6044.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Home Page
Dr. John Aurelia | Dr. Dina Khoury
Connect with John L. Aurelia, DDS on . Linkedin
Experience dentistry with a difference at the office of John L. Aurelia, DDS
. With our friendly staff
and warm atmosphere, we ensure that your comfort and wellbeing take priority.
Dr. John L. Aurelia received his BA degrees in Biology, Business and Economics from the Kalamazoo College, MI and his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Detroit Mercy. He’s keen on continuous education and has followed courses in cosmetic dentistry
, and occlusion at places like the Dawson Academy for Advanced Continuing Dental Education
and Pankey Institute
. He’s a member of the Academy of General Dentistry
, and American and Michigan Dental Associations. He has participated in many humanitarian missions.
Having graduated from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Dr. Dina Khoury
served Veterans during her residency at the VA Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. She has been in private practice for two decades and is passionate about cosmetic dentistry