Latest dentistry advances for cosmetic improvement, whole-body health offered near Lake Orion, MI
In 1989, the most common restorations noted by the Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry were porcelain veneers, porcelain inlays and onlays, porcelain crowns, and crowns that were porcelain-fused-to-metal.
The next decade would give rise to many restorative procedures and techniques. Thanks to new dental adhesive materials, patients with chips, cracks, breaks, infections or decay benefited from the latest bonding agents and natural-looking composite resins for fillings, and for reshaping or changing the color of teeth.
The 2000s brought with it shows like Extreme Makeover that made more people consider improving their self-confidence with cosmetic procedures. With “smile” frequently stated in studies as the feature on a person most likely to make the first and lasting impression (more so than nice hair or a fit body), it’s no surprise that the popularity of dental treatments has fallen in line with the broad category of cosmetic procedures.
Today, cosmetic dentistry encompasses the following treatment options that are offered at John L. Aurelia, DDS, PLLC.
- Teeth whitening – Our solutions include in-office Zoom! bleaching and customized take-home Ultradent trays to whiten teeth, and Crest professional whitestrips.
- White fillings – Materials we use to fill a cavity or decayed tooth that may not warrant a root canal are natural looking, so you can’t tell which tooth has been treated.
- Cosmetic dentures – Our team offers the latest technologies, so you may opt to have an implant-supported denture, whereby a removable appliance is securely placed over implants, enhancing fit and stability and minimizing long-term bone loss associated with traditional dentures. Metal-free partial dentures also look like natural teeth.
- Dental implants – This procedure rebuilds your tooth, down to the root and up to the crown sitting on top of it, so it’s meant to look and act like a natural tooth. With a 97 percent success rate, implants can last for decades with good oral hygiene.
- Porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges – Combining the durability and strength of porcelain with a shade that resembles a tooth, these restorations are a close second to natural teeth.
- Invisalign – Clear, cosmetic aligners allow you to straighten your teeth with no one noticing.
Dr. Aurelia and his staff also offer other treatments to reshape teeth. Know that when you reach out to us for cosmetic dentistry in the Lake Orion, MI area, you are doing your body, mouth, and appearance a big favor. Many conditions such as decay that can wreak havoc on the shape of our teeth have also been linked in studies to medical conditions, including cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis. For your holistic health, call (248) 651-6810.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Home Page